Your Life is not a Dress Rehearsal...

...So go out and live it! This blog exists because I just couldn't stop talking, about things that matter, about things that have eternal value...about things that resonate...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fair Time...with my family...

It's been six years since I could share the local fair with MY family.

I've spent the last six years broadcasting live from the fair, a radio talk show. And, telling the truth, for the first several years...I loved it. It was great fun to see people, to listen to them and then to use them as show material.

But today...a rare treat...I was exclusively at the fair...with my kids. We took leisurely walks through the animal barns, sat aimlessly watching a magic show, enjoyed obscure sights and sounds and just ENJOYED the fair.

What a joy. What a joy!

Life is so often too busy...rushed...adrenaline our fuel of choice...but not today...

Had a long time listener see me. She inquired of my non-radio life and she said...

"You look so healthy...so rested...like you're really ENJOYING yourself..."

Yeah...you can say that again...How could I not?

...these are the good days...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Nettie said…

    I musst concur with your listener ...

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! I was at the fair wondering if you would want to go! kp

     

Post a Comment

<< Home